Monday, November 9, 2015

Find the Treasure in Teaching

This following TAFE blog came from the prompt on Mrs. Kallas's blog. You can view it here.
Click here to view the TAFE webpage

    Ahoy, matey! My recent TAFE experience was one I will never forget. Through this experience, I gained many treasures such as learning to cooperate with other group members, and learning how to be efficient and successful in such a short period of time. I competed in the Ethical Dilemma Competition with my fellow classmates, Emily, Lauren, and Lindsey. Below is a picture of us at the TAFE Region XI Conference at TCU on October 31, 2015. 
      In our competition, we placed first in our region. After all our hard work, I would not change the competition that we chose. I think the Ethical Dilemma was a great competition involving real life dilemmas. In doing this competition, I think it was helpful in preparing us for our future teaching careers.

      Although we were successful in our competition, we also encountered a few obstacles. Some which involved coming up with a final solution based on the many opinions of our classmates. Another obstacle was the fact that we had a small amount of class time to finish preparing for this competition, since the regional competition was extremely early this year. However, I also enjoyed many things about this project. For example, I enjoyed getting to work in a group, and design a creative presentation to compete with. I also liked the fact that this was a chapter competition, for we got to hear the different opinions and solutions from multiple points of view.
   
     If I had to do this project all over again, I would put more time and effort into our presentation in order to perfect it even more. For state, I will be sure to memorize all of my lines to create an even more professional presentation for our judges. I am extremely excited for our trip to state in the end of January of 2016.  To prepare for State, we are going to work to improve our presentation by gaining knowledge and opinions from different educators in our district. Below are a few more pictures from our trip to the TAFE Region XI Conference at TCU on October 31st. 


No comments:

Post a Comment